Friday, January 4, 2013

Lullaby Willow

I love it when people challenge me with something new!  This client under a tight budget wanted to give her assistant a OOAK  baby shower gift.  So, we came up with a "Rock-a-bye Baby" Fairy theme.  Since it was going to be a boy we didn't want it too feminine therefore, I stuck with neutral colors, greens and more masculine items from nature.  It turned out quite cute and I've heard it's hanging in the nursery awaiting baby!


I found this minature cradle, re-painted it to a match the room & camoflauge with the willow branches.  Each of the posts is topped with a small pinecone, the mattress is moss, the pillow sheep's wool and the blanket was made from an antique lace tablecloth.  Above the cradle is a mobile with a small bell.

An orange Monarh butterfly is perched above.

On the far left a little bluebird keeps watch from his nest.


The cradle & nest are mounted onto a branch that I've added hooks so it could be attached to the nursery wall.

Here's the little bluebird.






No comments: