Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Driftwood Cottage

I must be in the summer frame of mind because I have been dying to do a "beachy" Fairy house...so here is my first..."Driftwood Cottage."  I just love, love, love it!  Almost of all the shells I used were from my own collection.  There are shells from all over the Caribbean and as far away as Bora Bora.  Now I really want to pack my car and head to the beach.  Enjoy the tour of this new property! 


A very nice man a flea market gave me this piece of driftwood!  What a great base it makes!

I added driftwood steps to fill in some gaps.

Pretty Profile.

The only window is framed in coral & seashells.

Aerial view of the roof made from dried tropical seed pods from a potpourri basket.

The house was made from this little chicken coop cage that was filled with beachy Potpourri that I found in Marshall's.

This club chair is from a Coconut shell I picked up off the street in Puerto Rico!

Close-up of the dining table w/ sea glass plates from St. Barth's, seashell bowls, a conch shell candlestick and fruit bowl.

I covered two sewing spools in rope & linen to make them look more nautical!

In the back is the Starfish table with a conch shell cup & a seashell chaise lounge.

A view of the back.

I painted the hutch vanilla and added shell drawer pulls & blue coral.  A bottle of sand from the sandbox fit perfectly!

I trimmed the top of the front door with rope to conceal the edges of the wire.

A little wire basket is ready for fishing!

The two "Telescopium" shells make great wall sconces.


No comments: