Monday, June 4, 2012

Cascade Lodge

This is "Cascade Lodge" the newest outdoor fairy house ready for the Penn-Mar Irish Festival in 2 weeks.  This house just rocks!  It is rustic and very eclectic.  I had this piece of wood that I've been dying to use and I finally found the birdhouse that it fit beautifully.  Enjoy the tour and come see us at the festival if you are nearby!


What a beautiful location for this fairy house.

A little peek of the inside - this a narrow house and I think I have Carpel tunnel after decorating the inside.

The birdhouse was mounted on a log and the roof is bark and a large piece of wood which stretches from the roof line to the base.

I used lots of dried mushrooms, different types of moss, dried flowers & wheat to do the landscaping.

Here you can see the ladder up to the loft bedroom.

I have no idea what these grasses are called that I used for the shutters, but they are just awesome!

Here you can see the staircase wrapping around the back of the property.


This is the upstairs window into the lofted bedroom.

A view of the back!

An ariel view so you can see the rear staircase entrance & the drop to the waterfall.

Profile - great bark roof!

I'm so glad I finally had a place to use this wood slab!

The wood slab from the roof made this cave which is lit by candles.  There is also a handmade deer tail broom.

Walnut basket of dried flowers & wheat.


Truly Whimsical!

No comments: