Thursday, June 7, 2012

Amber Waves

So, my brother Brian an F-15 pilot in the Air Force was home for a few days and after watching my children dole out all the "HERO" worship towards their Uncle for a few days I guess I was inspired to make a patriotic fairy house.  Of course this was not the first time I was inspired by my little brother.  My first fairy dollhouse the "Red, White & Blue Cottage" was made for my niece Amelia while Brian was serving overseas last year!  This is sweet & subtle...I hope you like it!  P.S.   Thanks to Mom for coming up with the name!

The roof of this house is made of stalk of wheat, grain, baby's breath, red & blue berries and two butterflies.

This sofa was made out of wood and a tiny pillow I found in a flea market with the word"Faith" embroidered on it.

Have to have red, white & blue Pixie dust in this house!

Even fairies get mail!

The American Bald Eagle motif on this cage helped with some of the design of this house.

There is a hurricane lamp, a book and a wooden mug sitting on the stone coffee table.

A view from the back of the hosue.

Here you can see the two butterflies flitting around the the roof.


The apple tree was just "the perfect" location for this house.

Nestled in the apple tree.

The blue & white striped hammock bed hanging in the rafters.



No comments: