Monday, April 9, 2012

"Feather Haven"


This is "Feather Haven" another decorative fairy house made from a bird cage!  I loved the fairy bakery  with the birdcage so I went to Michael's to buy as many other birdcages as I could.  This is a larger size, but I think it is a rather sophisticated home for a woodland fairy.  I think what I like best is the old clock face that I used for the floor.  It used to hang in my kitchen, but broke so I took it apart and have used a lot of the pieces in different properties.  It makes such a cool floor I need to find more old wall clocks!!! 

Don't forget to go to the Decorative Houses Gallery to read the story of "Feather Haven."



Feather Haven is made of a bird cage, Sycamore Bark & Twigs.  The pops of peacock blue with the feathers create the excitement.


A peek through the blue feather curtains in a side window.
Staircase leading to the front door.

A little side view.
This wreath was made to match the exterior & interior.  Thank goodness our Lovebird Jersey is molting.  His tiny little feathers are just awesome!


View of the downstairs living & dining area!  Small, but very sophisticated.
The kitchen hutch was stained and painted blues to match the feathers.
This cake was modeled after the chocolate & white cooked icing cake my Mom makes.  It rocks!
The lofted bedroom with a bird basket bed I found in a junk shop.

No comments: